Image Map

Moore, Oklahoma Tornado

Saturday, August 3, 2013


Our hearts ached when we saw Plaza Towers Elementary
School that was blown away....
The school before the EF5 tornado killing 7 children


And after...
The fence around the school said so much...I hate it that just
blocks away the Home Depot and other multiple businesses
weren't touched...makes me so sad for those in this neighborhood...

Chloe took all of these shots....

This tree has re-growth...a sign of healing

No words

I couldn't believe the numbers of kids coming to see the
remains of the Plaza Towers Elementary School

No words


From Plaza Towers fencing....

I love the Pray.Love.Hope.Oklahoma signs

These shirts on the Plaza Towers Elementary fence were moving


No words

Words cannot say anything...

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I am from Oklahoma.  I'm not scared of wind, hail or tornado warnings.  After taking Chloe and my nieces to see the Moore devastation, I went over our plan in case a storm comes to Birdeye or anywhere else.  It's extremely sad about the lives lost.  That the storm hit an elementary school instead of the multiple businesses right up the road from it is totally mind blowing.  It really isn't for me to judge or say one way or another but I'm sad that it hit multiple schools filled with children.  Harmon reminded me of this when a thunderstorm came through Wynne on a Tuesday and I hadn't picked up the kids by 3:30 cause I was in Jonesboro running vet clinic errands.  He said, "the Moore, Oklahoma parents had wished they'd picked their kids up early that day." Ok. I get that.  According to the Huffington Post, it caused 1 billion in damages and 20 lives were lost.  Briarwood and Plaza Towers Elementary Schools will be rebuilt.  Read this from Huffington: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/moore-oklahoma-schools-tornado_n_3362123.html

And this article just 3 days later: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/moore-oklahoma-school-district_n_3319981.html

No comments:

Post a Comment