Image Map

Tigan's Irish Pub, St. Louis, June 7, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009

Best Bloody Mary

I am not a fan at all of a chain but Jackie and I came across this pub on our way from Laclede's Landing Sunday morning on the way to another Cardinals game. He'd been there before for some world cup soccer game. We stopped in about 10:30 a.m. and it was not empty. There were about 5 tables of men and women sipping on Guinness's and watching soccer. We ordered up a bloody mary and I have to say it was the best bloody mary I have ever had. I had my favorite bloody mary in New Orleans about 8 years ago at the French Market way down on Decatur St. The one in New Orleans had lime pulp in it that was the key to it's deliciousness. Back to Tigin's mary that quickly made it's way to the top...it was made with Zing Zang mix and it was divine. He added Tabasco and pepper and served it with two queen olives. I'm not sure if it was the mix on this one or the fine margarita salt that coated the rim of my glass but I really loved this mary. Jackie loves the Tigan for its Guinness and its soccer. I can't stand a chain but I really liked this bloody mary and atmosphere of the pub.

Tigan Irish Pub, 333 Washington Ave., St. Louis, MO 314-241-8666

No comments:

Post a Comment