Image Map

Grilled Portabella Penne, Birdeye

Friday, July 3, 2009

Cooking at Home

Well after last night's meal, I have to share my new recipe that I got out of the last Gourmet magazine. This is a fast meal that is light yet satisfying. Even Jackie approves of this meal, he's had it twice in a month and didn't complain, that's a miracle!

1 lb. penne pasta, cooked to package directions. Save 3 T of the water when draining.
2 portabella mushrooms
1/4 C. vegetable oil, I use Grape seed oil
3/4 C. Parmesan cheese, recipe says to use Porcino cheese but I used Parmesan
1/4. C. olive oil
2 T. fresh marjoram or oregano, I use my fresh oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta, drain saving 3 T. water. Prepare your grill pan, medium-high heat, add grape seed oil. Use a damp paper towel and rub tops of mushrooms removing dirt and debris. Pour a little grape seed oil over tops and salt and pepper to taste. Grill tops down about 5 minutes each side, be careful not to burn. Remove from pan and chop when cool.
In a bowl, add cheese, olive oil, reserved water, pasta then mushrooms and oregano, stir well and serve with room temperature french bread.

I just love this 20 minute recipe with its fresh ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment