Image Map

Local, Downtown Memphis

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chloe and Gumball made 3rd overall in 10-14 age group at
the Farmfest 5K a week ago.  She decided last minute to
take him and they had a great time!  And she won the
16 and under category at the Bake Off with her poundcake!

Caitlin Riley was Chloe's summertime babysitter a while back
and it was so fun running into her at the 5K!

I took Stella and Whit with us to
Farmfest when we dropped CoCo's
poundcake for the Bake off 

I'd say the best part of Farmfest
for us was the Saturday afternoon
wrestling...this is in front of the
post office....Chloe made the comment
that the guy in green looked like a
young Uncle Martin...hahahahaha!

Look at this shot...cracks me up

Two weeks ago, Chloe and I went to the farm to ride her horse
Sonyador, who's 7.  I've been really worried about letting Chloe
ride until Sonya was at a more mature age and now that she's 7,
it was perfect timing to get her out.  This is Chloe on Sonya's mom,
who is 13+ and I rode Sonya.  She rode like a dream!!
The reason we went to Memphis on a Sunday night was to see
the hard rock, punk, Irish band Drop Kick Murphy's which I
thought were bad.  But the opening band from LA, "Old Man
Markley" was really good.  This is the lead singer with a kazoo
in his mouth, the lady to HIS left has a washboard, while the
other members of the band played other instruments

This poor photo doesn't do this
Crab Stuffed Avocado justice...it's
served with a charred tomato relish
and chipolte cream

This photo doesn't do the bar justice either...it was a neat
atmosphere I'll say

Father's Day morning Jackie and I did the Gearhead Tri
again and ran into these Wynne boys, JR Thomas,
Thomas McCutcheon, Jake Haralson and Bryce Dodson

Chloe our photographer got this shot of August and Stella
duking it out....What's up with the knee high socks August?

Chloe also got this one of Shaver Huff at the church service
at Village Creek a few weeks ago...he is laid out and all comfy
Sunday, June 2, 2013

Holy Smokes, Jackie and I came upon this restaurant on Main Street and I instantly fell in love.  We were in Memphis to go to Minglewood Hall and see an Irish band called Drop Kick Murphy's.  Turned out we were most impressed with their opening band Old Man Markley.  They were a great band from LA with a violin, washboard, kazoo etc.  I loved much, much more than the Murphy's.  At least we could understand the words they sung....:)

We just happened upon Local while enjoying the Sunday afternoon crowd downtown.  We got a table near the window and totally enjoyed people watching.

Yes, I know... I ordered an appetizer!  And I'm so glad we did.  That avocado stuffed with crab meat was delicious, I nearly licked the plate clean.  For dinner, I ordered the Goat Cheese and Crab Enchiladas served with Mexico City Corn.  It was outstanding.  I loved the creamy enchiladas and the great, rich corn.  Again, I nearly wiped the plate clean.

I was in Capelli last week getting my hair done and asked if anyone had been to Local and it got rave reviews from them too.  Capelli has a new hair stylist, Don whom I love and who gave Chloe and excellent cut the other day.  You'll have to make an appointment with him!

Anyway, Local was a great find for us and I am looking forward to trying it again.  They have another location in midtown that I've also heard great reviews of.  There have been so many restaurants come and go downtown that I hope this one stays around.  Wondering what a gastro pub is?  I looked it up on google, it originated in England: Gastropub or gastrolounge refers to a bar and restaurant that serves high-end beer and food.

And for the record, I didn't pay attention to what Jackie ordered because I was into mine.  :)
Check out their cool website: http://www.localgastropub.com/

Local, 95 Main St. Memphis,  901-473-9573

No comments:

Post a Comment