Image Map

Pecan Tassies, Birdeye

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kara and I figured out this year that our Christmas Party has been going on for 6 years.  We have a great time inviting our mutual friends and celebrating together.  I've been making this recipe for each party and it hasn't gone out of style yet.  My mother gave me this recipe 20 years ago.  It's super duper easy and delicious.

Mother's Pecan Tassies (I've made a recipe change for 48 total pecan tassies)

Crust:
1 C. butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 C. flour

Filling:
4 T. butter melted
1 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 C. chopped pecans
1 t. vanilla

Cream butter and cream cheese and add flour.  Soften dough for at least 1 hour.  Then divide into balls about a large walnut size and press into mini muffin pans sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  (Pressing is best using a Pampered Chef tool that will make them easy to form and somewhat uniform, if you don't have this, you can use a honey tool and dip it into flour so it won't stick)

Mix filing and add to the 48 shells (you will need two mini muffin tins) about 3/4 full, too full and you'll over fill the mini.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pans and cool on a rack. (you can store these in the refrigerator for a week in an air tight container, let come to room temperature)

I'm in love with these "mini pecan pies" now for 20 years!


Alexis, Kara and I


The ladies on Kara's stairwell
Alexis put this on Facebook
Deliciousness I tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment