Image Map

Thanksgiving in Edmond

Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!  We had a good time in Oklahoma City.  We got to Edmond on Tuesday without my clothes.  Yes, that's right...Jackie didn't pack my hanging bag with my shoes and clothes.  Luckily it worked out somehow because my dear, dear friend Stephanie's daughter passed away Monday and I had funeral clothes packed assuming her funeral would be today but it turns out it's next week.  So a trip to Old Navy Wednesday got me a dress to wear and some jeans I just rolled up (of course nothing is the right length when you're my height).  Jackie and I went to the Oklahoma City Thunder game that night and had fun catching up with old friends.  I figured out Thanksgiving morning that AJ's funeral was actually the next Friday which was good because we were planning to pack up Thursday to head to Dallas Friday but, of course, that wasn't the plan.

We had a great lunch at Lottinville's in Edmond, watched movies, went shopping and ate a good meal last night.  We did the Edmond Turkey Trot 5K Thursday morning of course, it was a cold start but a good run.  It's always so nice to do a run before all that food for sure!  The turkey trot is a fun family tradition for us, we think it's been 4 years now.  This year there were over 2,000 participants and a ton of dogs and strollers.  We saw a ton of people in costumes, I saw one man in a full turkey outfit, top to bottom and ran with a pumpkin pie and a can of whipped cream.  Hahaha!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving with family and friends.
Brr....Chloe and Audrey were so
thankful they had gloves
and hats, it was about 32 degrees,
as it is every year.  My oldest niece
Erin made all three of us tutu's to wear.
They were exceptionally easy to wear
and didn't bother me at all.
I added this photo to have evidence that I too wore a tutu


Chloe at the finish
Audrey
Oh the way to lunch...this is the girls listening to Jackie, mom
and Gary discussing OU football..they were extremely bored :)

No comments:

Post a Comment