Image Map

Pasta with Tomatoes and Brie

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday, Sept. 18, 2009

This is a new recipe for me and I love it because I can use my vine-ripe tomatoes. This recipe is from the cookbook my sister-in-law let me borrow called La Cucina Anna Maria, from the San Juan Islands. She went to vacation in Vancouver and stayed at this bed and breakfast and bought their cookbook. I love its theme of fresh and low fat ingredients. It features granola, I hope to blog soon, tapanades, Italian grain pie and the like. I made this recipe a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. It's easy and is ready in no time.

4 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, I used my beefmasters and better boys
1 lb. Brie, rind removed, cut into small pieces, I used 1/2 pound because I was gun shy of so much cheese but it certainly can be made with a pound.
1. C fresh basil, cut into strips
3 garlic cloves minced
1 C. plus 1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 C. grated Grana Padana, I used Parmigiano Reggiano, try not to used the jarred here
1 lb. Pasta, I used whole wheat spaghetti

Combine all ingredients except pasta, cover and sit at room temperature for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. I only had about an hour here. Cook pasta and toss with tomato mixture. Serve with fresh pepper and additional cheese.

Delicious, I may have to serve this one again tonight! And I did have some left over and it was great warmed up in the microwave with fresh grated Parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment