Image Map

Godsey's Grill, Jonesboro

Monday, June 21, 2010




Saturday, June 19, 2010

We visited this great downtown Jonesboro restaurant after Chloe's first triathlon. I think I was more excited about the event than she was. I kept repeating what she needed to do in transition (drying her feet, skipping her socks, getting her shoes doubled tied, put on her racing bib etc) until Chloe finally said, "mom, why are you SO into it?" I just cracked up realizing how I must have sounded. Anyhow, we went by our favorite bike shop, Gearhead, to get supplies, her brakes looked at and Jackie's new mountain bike tires for Father's Day. After all that, we were starving and I trumped Jackie's request to go to a brewery for Godsey's. And I have to say it was a fabulous choice.

We were promptly seated after signing in (that's what you do in a dry county that serves liquor) near the rear of the restaurant in a booth. That was perfect since us three had Evan Huff, a cousin's 3 year old son with us. His dad Jimmy was getting his first Specialized bike and Evan needed something to do so he came along. He was super pleasant and said please and thank you the whole time!

Chloe and Evan were starving so with our drink order of lemonade and unsweet tea, we ordered them the grilled cheese and chicken nugget kid's baskets. Luckily they came out right after the drinks did and Chloe happily served them both up as much ketchup as needed. Chloe does such a great job with younger children. She wants a little brother or sister so bad and requested one the other day. Evan just watched her and enjoyed that giant serving of ketchup.

I ordered the Drunk Chicken Flatbread sandwich with chopped drunk chicken, cheese, red onions, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato. I loved that it didn't have ranch or mayo on it, it was perfect just as served. For the choice of sides, I got the homemade chips and loved them. They are sprinkled with a seasoned salt with a kick. Jackie ordered the Black and Blue burger with bacon, sauteed onions, blue cheese sauce, blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, tomato and pickles. His choice of a side was the same as mine, which bothered me just a bit because I like to try many things off the menu but they were great, crispy chips. The choice of sides are homemade french fries, that Chloe and Evan tore up, fried green beans, onion rings, pasta salad, baby baker potatoes and sweet potato fries.

Evan and I checked out the ladies bathroom and found it to be in perfect shape. I really liked Godsey's. I especially liked the unsweet tea, it was good and strong enough. You'll love their service, clean restaurant and excellent food. We took my tea to go and the extra chips and french fries to Chloe's chickens, just sayin.

I added some picks of Chloe at the tri...we are so proud of her!

Godsey's Grill, 226 S. Main, Jonesboro, Ark., 870-336-1988 www.godseysgrill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment