Image Map

The Killough's Blueberries, Wynne

Thursday, June 24, 2010



Wednesday, June 24, 2010

Wow, what a year the blueberry has had! I'm thrilled to announce the purchase of my ninth gallon of local, organic blueberries from fellow Presbyterians Cecilia and Kyle Killough! Thanks to my mother-in-law Helen AKA Jeanie, Joy, my local BFF, and my fabulous sister-in-law Kara, I have my freezer full of wonderful blueberries. I am thrilled to have this load for the whole upcoming year. I love to eat a cupful frozen at my desk, put them in Southern Living's Blueberry Streusel Muffins and on top of my granola cereal in the morning. I am so happy to have these guys around, what a blessing!

And just when I am publishing...Jackie brings in a wounded rabbit...it has a broken rear leg and he shows it to Chloe...well, I'm planning "June's" funeral now...dang it....an update Tuesday, June 29...June is eating like crazy! It's super hard to raise a wild rabbit hence my funeral plans. That joker hides under a towel in the back of a box and goes to town on carrots and my arugula out of the garden. Martin joked yesterday that when June is released, in about a month with that broken leg, that he'll wipe out my garden...that's funny and he better pack his bags and head over to Martin's, just sayin...but he's or it's alive so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment