Image Map

Ravinia, Chicago

Sunday, July 29, 2012



A view of the park

Wendy's awesome Carrot Cake

The ingredients for David's dirty nail drink, and no, I
don't have a clue what all that is....

Me and Wendy...BFF's for 31 years, my calculation since
we have been friends since 4th grade...you can guess our
age but I won't be putting it on here....:)
Wonderful Ravinia...
Sunday, July 15, 2012

In my quest to replace my wedding bands that were stolen from my house around Memorial Day, I made a visit to see Wendy in fabulous Chicago.  I spent a few days with her, one of which was at Ravinia in Highland Park, Illinois where she was playing with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.  I just love the park and its lush landscaping.  The next night, she hosted a dinner party with fellow Northeast High School graduate David Shepherd and his lovely wife Lisa.  Eran cooked ribeyes in blackened seasoning with grilled vegetables and Wendy made a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  It was all really good.  David and Lisa brought the after dinner cocktail, which I believe, was called a dirty nail.  It was interesting with its lemon.  I am not a cocktail drinker but I enjoyed this one.  A shout out to Wendy for inviting me to the symphony and treating me to a 5 star meal.  It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment