Image Map

Farm to Table, Birdeye

Thursday, October 10, 2013

This is the day after the farm to table fundraiser. This is
Justin Smith who played the guitar during the pig roast.
He was awesome and did a great job!
 Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013

Martin and Kara came up with a dinner party idea to benefit the Cross County Historical Society's New Hope School.  It was neat because she had cousin Bill Raffety fly in from Davidson College in North Carolina and be the chef.  I wish I had a photo of him in is chef's coat, it was cool.  The food was delicious, I heard.  They got it all from farms nearby and in Memphis. Jackie's 20th Vanderbilt Class Reunion was the same weekend so we were in Nashville and cut the weekend short to make it back in time to see everyone and help with the party.  It rained so they had to move everything inside.  People were eating upstairs in August's bedroom and out on the porches, it cracked me up.  Harmon and Jeanie along with Bob and Polly worked there tails off keeping their kids for them plus getting the place ready.  Kara also had help from her cousin and her friend from Little Rock.  It was well done!

Sunday they had a pig roast, I know, right?  Two events, one weekend?  I think she may have learned a lesson on that.  Plus what's funny is Kristi Renfro took a photo of the pig on the cooker and it totally was a turn off, I'm serious.  It made me consider becoming a total vegetarian.  I've added some photos of the weekend at Vanderbilt and the Birdeye parties.
Amy Trocchi and I have kept in touch for 20 years now.  And
that stinker is talking Jackie and I into doing the New Orleans
Half Ironman April 2014.  She's doing the 1.1 mile swim, asked
me to do the 58 bike and Jackie will run on Bill's team, 13.1 miles...
and that's if we sign up.  We have a few months to back out...:)

They had the Fox Blossom Venture play and they were GREAT!
That's Whit up there strumming his guitar, so cute!
I grabbed this shot at the farm to
table party Saturday.  That's
Cozette, Murray, Carolyn, Jeanie,
Jeff and Kristi Renfro

Here's the Sunday pig roast.  The benches were borrowed
from the Birdeye Fun Park which is going up as we speak.
One dang problem with the tables and benches is that they
were unfinished which means we all had saw dust and splinters
on pants and hands.

I love these guys, this is Shaver Huff
and Dean Jackson...they are 6 months
a part and were having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment