Image Map

My Favorite Children's Books, Birdeye

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015

When Chloe was about a year old, Jackie and I started reading three books to her every night.  Since then, she's been a good reader, eager for new books (as she was so excited the Easter Bunny put a book in her basket this year).  She was 2nd overall in her 7th grade class with the most words read.  I took a photo of some of my favorite beginner and intermediate books to share.  There are many more but this is my stash I keep on hand for young cousins and friends' birthdays.
"Are you my mother?" was given to us by Jeanie's sister Jackie Boyd (it's a really neat story about a bird
that falls out of his nest)
J.Harmon purchased "Epossumundas" at "That Bookstore" in Blytheville (there are several in the series about
a possum that gets into trouble, it's a wonderful read)
"Make way for ducklings" Jeanie gave Chloe way back (a classic story of a mother and her ducklings living
in a city)
"Bad Kitty" one of the first chapter books Chloe read (hilarious chapter books that have many in its series)
"Why is Blue Dog Blue" we bought Chloe in New Orleans way back (a wonderful book about colors by
Blue Dog artist George Rodrigue)


No comments:

Post a Comment