Summer of Fosters, 2017

Thursday, August 10, 2017

And there's this....I've put up about 20 quarts of pickles this year.....
Jack Jack was returned to us right after our trip to the east coast.  But thankfully he went locally and I hope he doesn't come back....:)  He's a good dude, house and crate trained but big enough to knock me down

Matu, a 1-2 year old yellow lab, just arrived in Rhode Island via a transport.
Chloe and I picked him up on the way home around Mother's Day at Levesque.  You
all know I don't pick up dogs because they always find out where I live and work.

Anyway, Save a Lab Rescue, paid for his heartworm treatment and he stayed with us
all summer.  He is my 2nd most favorite foster we've had over the years (Paco was my
tops).  Anyway, he's going to a great family and I'm glad Dr. Boone suggested to email lab
rescues and she was right, they saw this handsome dude and grabbed him right up :)

Matu traveled from Memphis on this semi-truck trailer to Rhode Island
last Thursday night....he got there at noon on Saturday.
Chloe was very impressed with the set up on this transport
We had Pharoah for 2-1/2 years, we pulled this Afghan from the Nashville dog
pound at 11 years old.  He was sick and it was time to euthanize him last week.  It's always
so hard but it was time.  He had a great life in Birdeye
Puddin was a lab mix that showed up in my yard in June.  She's in New Hampshire now living the dream!
This is Dee Dee, yes I know, another pit mix. But this gal was a good, good girl.  She's up in Kennebunkport, Maine living the dream....



Mom and Gary came and spent last weekend with us...They drove their
RV over and parked it in the front yard...Harmon got a call about an RV
in his yard but it was ours...very funny small town.  Mom and Chloe and I
went to Jonesboro to shop for our exchange student who'll be here Aug 15 from
Peru.  Chloe's looking forward to having her.  I'll post about her coming soon








This is Hannah who showed up in May at Birdeye....she went on transport in July to New Hampshire!!!

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Oh my, it has been the summer of drop off kittens and dogs.  We haven't had so many like this summer in quite a while.  It's always good to give a drop off a second chance but when it rains strays, it pours.

These are all gone to forever homes thankfully, although, in the back of my mind, I'm preparing for another round soon and probably when we are out of town.  Anyway, I'm so thankful that my father-in-law and Julie helps us with vaccines and spay neuter so these throw-aways can go to a home.  But I gotta say it again, spay neuter people!

No comments:

Post a Comment