Image Map

Molly's La Casita, Memphis

Monday, July 26, 2010



Friday, July 23, 2010

Mother and Gary travel to Memphis every July for a skeet shoot in East Memphis. Over the past few years, I've met mother in Memphis with Chloe and we'll shop and eat lunch or dinner. This Friday, I met her to do some Old Navy back to school shopping and we had, just had, to hit up the Petco next door to get her sick miniature hamster it's own wheel. Jackie and Chloe separated the sickly hammie a week ago and decided it needed some exercise. I think it looks worse now than it did, and that's not because of the wheel either. It's just sick, I'm already planning a funeral, by the way. We were all hungry at this point and after talking Chloe out of going to her chain of choice, Chili's, we headed for this authentic Mexican restaurant in Midtown. You do have to make a note on parking...we ended up parking behind the Blue Monkey, which shares parking with Molly's. Not a big deal but it's hard to park in front on Madison.

We were promptly seated and served our unsweet tea, diet coke and Chloe's milk as well as chips and salsa. I particularly liked this salsa because of its consistency and cilantro. Mother got Chloe some white cheese dip we all shared and Chloe pronounced it as too hot, but mother and I disagreed.

For lunch, the kid's menu offered three choices, tacos, quesadillas or chicken tenders and all served with ice cream. Chloe got the beef taco and rice but she wasn't given her ice cream but we didn't care and she didn't notice it on the menu. Mother had her busy on her laptop ordering up Biscuit (her little four legged baby brother she's always wanted) a stroller with a hood and cup holder. Yes, I'm shaking my head too as I write this. Mother ordered the Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream and salsa verde served with their homemade refried beans. She loved them and thought the beans were fantastic. I got the Fish Taco that was served with baked spinach in a little corn bowl. The flour tortilla had grilled red snapper with a ranch chipolte sauce. It was great and I was thrilled there was only one taco. When the waitress was taking the order next to us, I heard them order up homemade tamales, so after we placed our order I added a chicken tamale with salsa verde. That was one of the best tamales I've ever had. I mean that! I'm ready for Mexican food right now!

Our wonderful, attentive waitress Rochelle brought our $35.00 tab. I didn't think that wasn't bad for three lunches. And I am thrilled with my first visit to Molly's La Casita and I plan to go back with Jackie next time. Check out the wonderful website or become a fan on Facebook.

Molly's La Casita, 2006 Madison Ave., Memphis 901-726-1873 www.mollyslacasita.com

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog! Glad you got to experience Molly's! It has been one of my favorites for years.

    ReplyDelete