Image Map

Old School Bagel Cafe, Oklahoma City

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lori Leiser Manning, me, Barbie Barton Greer and Mendi Rutledge Hawkins

Bagel shop on May and Hefner
Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Over the last 5 years or so, I've tried to get some of my high school classmates together when I'm home over Thanksgiving.  This year was slated to be huge but we had a no show from Dagne Day Newcomb and a last minute "can't get away from work" excuse from both Angelia Pope Johnston and Leslie Johnson Williams.  The four of us had a great time nonetheless but missed the others.

Leslie told me about this Bagel shop over 2 years ago when I was in town for the Sheryl Crow concert in August of 2008.  We met here for lunch and Leslie had said classmates Danny Cowan and Wayne Hansen owned it.  We loved running in to them and catching up.  We didn't see them this year but certainly enjoyed our lunch today.  The place was packed but we found a booth for the four of us.  I love the style of the cafe, very modern and clean. 

I had a hard time picking out what to order as did Lori and Mendi.  I usually get the Pizza Bagel but I make these at home so much (the idea was from this store), so I ordered the Veggie Bagel on an everything bagel.  It's cucumbers, spouts, thinly sliced carrots, provolone and honey mustard that I substituted for spicy mustard.  I loved the bagels spices, it kept the sandwich from being bland.  I ate that whole thing!  I know Barbie got the Egg Salad and loved it.  You can order your sandwich on regular bread or make your own with lots of choices.  They also have several listed for breakfast.

I got 3 bagels sliced for Jackie and a huge chocolate chip cookie for Chloe.  The bagels are so fresh and made daily at 3 am I found out from their website.  You can also get your sandwich hot or cold and I love that they have sandwiches named for the Sooners, Cowboys, Bricktown, Old Smokey and Mile High.  When you're in this neck of Oklahoma City, go to the Old School Bagel Cafe, it's fresh, quick and affordable.  My lunch and extras was under $10.  Say Hi to Danny and Wayne for me while you're there.

This great restaurant has locations in Tulsa, Edmond and Stillwater.  Quail Creek Location 10946 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City, 405-286-CAFE.  Check out their awesome website: http://oldschoolbagelcafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment