Image Map

Pasta Puttanesca, Birdeye

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pasta Puttanesca is so good....served with fresh bread from Hay's bakery

My niece Stella said, "can I help?" which is something Chloe has
never said in my kitchen.  She hopped right on up and with this
butter knife, chopped fresh basil and olives...


This skillet wasn't on yet, she poured the olive oil for the garlic
I am guessing some deer have been
in our yard since I planted 4 rows and have
only 3 stalks of asparagus

YAY asparagus is here (planted last year)!

The romaine is still coming on...

The spinach I planted 2 weeks ago
 Monday, March 21, 2010

Pasta Puttanesca, from my Junior League of Pasadena, Calif. cookbook, is an easy, easy recipe you'll have ready in less than 25 minutes. 

2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
2-1/2 lbs. fresh tomatoes, (not in season yet, used 3-14 oz cans diced, stewed and crushed tomatoes)
1 T fresh, minced basil
1/4 c. white wine
1 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. crushed red pepper, I used 1 tablespoon
1/2 c. each green olives and black olives (I used kalamata)
1 T. capers (I chopped mine)
1 lb. linguine (I used fettuccine)

In a large skillet, saute the garlic in oil until soft.  Add tomatoes and all ingredients but olives/capers.  Simmer 10 minutes, add olives/capers and cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.  Toss with hot pasta serve.  I served with fresh Parmesan cheese and Hay's fresh french bread.  Delish and super easy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious and easy. I am so making this. Also, since Stella has made it, I can sit back and watch and have dinner ready with no effort!!! Oh, and thanks for the butter knife, not your mom's super sharpie - I don't want to loose any fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I just printed this out so I could have the recipe and it worked!! I can add a hard copy to my collection.

    ReplyDelete