Image Map

Mom and Gary's Gourmet Asparagus...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gary seasoning the asparagus

After seasoning the asparagus, you add the shaved Parmesan-Reggiano Cheese

On our way to take cousin Audrey home, a wild turkey crossed the road...

I told Chloe and Audrey to call to it like we were a chicken...next, he starts fluffing up that back end...

Now it's show time...these photos are seconds apart...

Chloe and Audrey, one year apart...they pick up where they leave off...I love that!

Grandad ordered new baby chicks to add to our four laying ladies...

These are exotic chicks but are to lay regular size, brown eggs.  Chloe's been selling eggs for $1 a dozen now for nearly two years....
Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birdeye's World Cycle to Work Day, May 20, 2011
My mom is cleaning out a bunch of stuff so my mother-in-law, Jeanie and I loaded up Chloe, the big cow trailer and headed to Oklahoma City then, Jeanie was off to Blackwell to see Great Grandmother Wilma.  We headed to Oklahoma after we all took part in World Cycle to Work Day.  It was a great experience and Kara and I hope to make it an anuual trip.  We had one close call, Martin getting run over by a minivan backing out of its driveway, but overall it was a good experience.  I learned that I've been riding in the wrong gear now for more than 2 years...yes, I'm a loser!

Now to the fabulous dinner.  Mother marinates fresh asparagus in a ziplock bag with olive oil and Mrs. Dash for about 10 minutes.  Then it's grilled and tossed with shaved Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and salt and pepper.  Lemme just say, it was delish!  I loved it, it wasn't over seasoned and the cheese added a special kick to it.  Mom served it with fresh grilled salmon, a salad with feta and bacon and fresh baked bread, delish from her kitchen in Edmond.  It was wonderful and great flavors.  Mom's always been a fabulous cook, I wish I could cook like her.

I had to add photos of a wild turkey in Edmond, apparently he lives in their neighborhood.  Chloe and Audrey were cooing to him like a chicken and he started fluffing and gobbling, just cracking us up.  She was thrilled to get home to her 6 new baby chicks.  Aren't they cute? 

Chloe's watching Spirit, stallion of the cimmaron tonight (thank God we still watch these cartoons) and eating popcorn with chopsticks, cracks me up!

I should wrap up our vacation blog soon!
Oh dear...popcorn and chopsticks....lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment