Image Map

Pasta with Heirloom Tomatoes and Brie, Birdeye

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Look at that stinking fresh basil...this is what it looks
 like right before the fresh pasta...yeah, that's garlic hanging on the edge..This is so stinking great....I love it!

What fun fun it was to have K-2 BFF Lizze Brawner for an
overnight visit, she's the swwweeetttistttt lady EVER and Whit
can totally hang with the ladies...so fun having him over!
This is our homemade slide off the swing set slide, adding a water hose
and the slip and slide and a pool to stop their force, what fun!
Friday, August 26, 2011

A few years ago Kara told me about how she makes homemade granola out of a cookbook from San Juan Island.  I had somathat granola and got a copy of the infamous cookbook.  It's absolutely divine.  Two years ago when our tomatoes were plentiful, I was searching for a recipe to utilize the homegrown fruit.  I stumbled upon this recipe and it is to die for.  I don't grow Heirloom tomatoes and any variety works I'm telling you.  I do use half the cheese and oil it calls for and it just as delicious and rich with half as much.  I do serve with my local grocery store Hays' french bread.

Pasta with Heirloom Tomatoes and Brie from La Cucina Anna Maria, San Juan Islands

4 ripe heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I use any variety)
1 lb. Brie, rind removed, cut into small pieces (I use only a 9 oz. wedge)
1 C. fresh basil, cut into strips (I usually do a dice)
3 garlic cloves minced
1 C. plus 1 Tbsp (Good lord that's A TON, I used a little less than 1/4 C)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 C. grated Grana Padana or hard Italian cheese (I used Hays Parmesan from their specialty deli that I totally adore!!)
1 lb. pasta (I used linguine noodles)

1. Combine all ingredients except pasta, cover and sit at room temperature 2 hours.  Stir periodically.
2. Cook pasta and toss with tomato sauce.  Serve with fresh pepper and additional cheese.  Serves 4-6.

From the Recipe and I quote:  "My mom used to make this all summer long when garden fresh tomatoes were at their peak of ripeness.  You can make it without any Brie but the melted Brie gives the sauce a wonderful creamy texture.  At Coho, we use this tomato sauce as a topping for brushetta."

This is divine I'm sayin....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment