Image Map

Simple Pasta Sauce

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ahh the wonderful tomatoes from Jenny Walker on the bay road....
they are divine and inexpensive....I've been eating 2-3 a day!

I grew two types of Basil this summer...the common Sweet Basil,
on the left, it's so divine!  I grew Thai Basil this year too, it has pointed
leaves and has a licorice flavor

I added black olives instead of green or Kalamata
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011

I found another great cookbook that uses a ton of fresh ingredients that my mom gave me way back.  The cookbook is from the Junior League of Pasadena.  This one is ready in less than 10 minutes and if you serve with french bread from my local grocery store Hay's, you've got an easy, nutritious recipe!  Here's this one, I love it and I'll show you how I modified it!

Simple Pasta Sauce

3 medium tomatoes, cut small (I used 8 because I had them)
1 15 oz. jar marinated artichokes with juice (I used 8 oz)
1/4 cup chopped basil (I used 1/2 cup because I had it)
1/2 cup any olives (I prefer Kalamata but used black)
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan
1 lb. cooked pasta (I used spaghetti)

Mix all ingredients and serve either warm or cold.  Add additional Parmesan when serving.  I also added Crushed Red Pepper for a little kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment