Image Map

Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas, Birdeye

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chloe and BFF Bailey Bigger, who was over last week before school
started.  These two are just precious and pick up right
where they left off...a good sign of a great friendship!

Unfortunately, this blurred photo is of me roasting the
pablano peppers for the dish.  All of my photos are
equally blurred dang it.
Friday, January 6, 2012

On a draggy Thursday night I was craving Mexican food and got out my Wild About Southwest Cooking cookbook that my mom gave me in college.  It's a paper back and plastic spiral bound little wonder that gives wonderful recipes with hints through out.  I had almost all the ingredients in the house so I made these fabulous, low-fat enchiladas.

Here's how it goes and I do wish I had more photos but they didn't turn out dang it!

Spinach Enchiladas Casserole

1-10 oz can cream of chicken soup (I used cream of mushroom instead)
8 oz. sour cream, I used light!
1/2 C. chopped, peeled roasted green chiles (I used 2 large pablanos and I do think you can use a little can of green chilies diced)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 T. minced onion, I grate mine
2 C. chopped cooked chicken
3/4 C minced onion, again, I grate mine
1 lb. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded, I used Colby Jack blend
12 corn tortillas
1 C. chicken broth

Combine soup, sour cream, chiles, spinach and 2 T. minced onion in a blender and process until smooth.  Combine chicken, rest of the onion and half the cheese in a bowl and mix well.  Soften tortillas in chicken broth ( I microwave on damp top and bottom paper towels for 30 seconds).  Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas and roll to enclose.  Arrange into baking dish.  (I make this and freeze half of it when I make it)  Top with spinach mixture and remaining cheese.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered.

This is so easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment