Image Map

Table Mesa, Bentonville

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Table Mesa was outstanding!  As were the
streets of Downtown Bentonville on a summer
Friday night.  You should try Table Mesa!
Friday, June 28, 2013

I was pumped and fired up for a short weekend trip to Northwest Arkansas in late June.  We tried to remember the last time we were up here and I think it was Kara's sister's second wedding in August of 2011.  I haven't been to Bentonville since I worked for Meza Harris while Jackie was in law school at Fayetteville, I'd say around 1995.

We stumbled upon Table Mesa via Yelp on my smartphone.  I like listings of restaurants on the websites like Urbanspoon and Yelp.  They've sent us to multiple good restaurants throughout our trips.

I didn't take any photos inside the eclectic restaurant on Bentonville's historic square.  I loved the restaurant's "priority seating" tab on their website.  It allowed me to put in our arrival time and number of people and said it's first come first serve and to plan to wait 10-20 minutes if the place is busy.  Well, it was packed but we were immediately seated at 7:30 when I said we'd arrive.  We were seated in the bar area and it was busy but not annoyingly loud, thankfully.  Warren was our waiter and got our pineapple, mohito and wine ordered up.

Chloe is our picky eater in the family that I attribute to Jackie since I've never not eaten just about anything ever.  I mean ever.  They had white cheese dip on the menu and Warren said their rice was good, so Chloe ordered it up and was pleased.  The chile con queso was white cheese with poblano peppers and something sweet in there that Jackie and I couldn't quite figure out.  It was served with homemade, hot flour tortillas and homemade corn chips that had a "pita chip" style to them.  Very good.

For dinner, I ordered Warren's recommendation of the chicken enchiladas with black beans and Latin rice and it was great and the perfect size.  Just about a half a cup of beans and half a cup of rice was perfect for me and the two small enchiladas were outstanding.  Jackie was fired up, literally, with his pork enchiladas that had a spicy green sauce on it.  It really was my kind of enchilada sauce and you know this if you read my blog posts.  Anyway, we had great food, great service and even though the place was packed it wasn't loud and all.  For the record, I did check out the ladies room and it was in perfect shape.  It's been a while since I've reported on the powder room.  It had the trashcan by the door which you know, I totally appreciated that.  Our meal and beverages was $58.21 plus tip.

I met up with Meza and Aricka on Saturday night and we had a fabulous reunion!  And come to find out, she was at Table Mesa Friday night too.  What a small world we live in!  Her real estate reputation is booming (just like it was when I was her first assistant, I think, in 1995) and she's doing great.  I loved, loved catching up with her last night after the Tomboys and Angels exhibit opening that SHE sponsored at Crystal Bridges.  I miss that job and being in Northwest Arkansas.  It was good to be at my second of three homes.  I would never trade Birdeye for Oklahoma City or Fayetteville but when I visit them, I love them.  That's that.
Here we are Saturday night, me, Meza and Aricka. We had
such a good time at the 21c catching up.  Meza is still the
top real estate person in Arkansas.  Amazing.  And she
doesn't look 69 at all!  Those two have such good
genes that they don't have to die their hair.  The water
must be good up there! :)

Check out Table Mesa's great website: http://www.tablemesabistro.com/enter.html
A shot of the grassroots bands that were gathered around
the Bentonville square Friday night, this one was right across
the street from Table Mesa

Table Mesa, 110 E. Central, Bentonville, 479-715-6706
This was Saturday night when Aricka joined us for dinner
at the Flying Fish.  It's always good to catch up with a
Kappa roommate!  We always catch up where we left off!
I miss Aricka and NWA!

No comments:

Post a Comment