Image Map

Garlic Olive Oil Dipping sauce, Birdeye

Monday, April 28, 2014

I love this darn dipping sauce
Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!  Chloe is
Chloe's 13th Birthday List

Chloe at Dr. Guinn's in Jonesboro-
we had a 3:40 appointment and
weren't seen until 5:15...I know...
So by the time we finally got in a room
at 5 pm, Chloe went to town on the
grease board...Dr. Guinn loved it!
And we loved the cast is off!

The greens...this was 2 weeks ago, the bed is three times
as big with a ton of greens!!  Go me, go seeds, go compost
from Fred's barn next door that he tractored over last fall!
into Earth Day this year.  She has put a tree on her 13th birthday list.  I loved that.  She's also slated to give an oral presentation in her science class on Friday about trees and what benefits they give the earth, animals and people.  I can't believe she'll be 13 in a couple weeks.  Where HAS THE TIME GONE?  I'm older, grayer and grumpier (even though my new addiction is Jimmy Fallon. Now that he's been on for 2 months, I have seen every single episode.  I know.  It's crazy but I love the show :))

Okay, so since we are getting Chloe ready for trying new food for the Italy trip in June, I found this recipe on the web and made my own changes.  This was the first time to make this recipe and I usually NEVER change a recipe on my first try but I did and somehow it worked beautifully.

Garlic and Olive Oil Dipping Sauce

1 T dried parsley
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. dried thyme
1/2 t. dried basil
1 T. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 large cloves garlic, minced
juice of half a lemon
1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil

Put the dried herbs in a mortar and pestal and grind.  Then transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.  Serve with french bread.  Store in refrigerator for up to one week in an air tight container.

THIS WAS SO DARN GOOD!  I believe we will all be munching on it for the rest of the week.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment