Image Map

Baked Spinach

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A side to Thanksgiving...

Per Kara's sister Emmy's request, Emmy is the bomb.com., Kara had to ask me to bring the Spinach Casserole that overflowed last Christmas Day in her oven and caused quite a mess including her smoke alarms going off, no kidding. But I made it, and in my own oven, and boy is it easy and tasty.

Spinach Casserole (from First Baptist Church 90th Recipe Cookbook, Weatherford, Oklahoma, my grandparents' church)

2 pkg. frozen spinach, chopped (10 oz each)
1/2 C. margarine (I ALWAYS use butter, why would you EVER but all that polyunsaturated mess into your body?)
8 oz. cream cheese (I don't use lite here)
Celery Salt (I always use 1 t.)
Onion Salt (I never have this but use 1/2 t. onion powder and 1/2 salt)
Minced Onion (I never have this dried, I use 2 T. fresh grated white onion)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C. chopped fresh Jalopenos, I did leave this out today, just in case of any IBS..

Defrost spinach and blot out excess moisture. Melt butter and cheese together (I do in microwave 1-2 minutes), add remaining ingredients but Parmesan Cheese, add in spinach in a huge bowl and but in buttered or Pam'd casserole dish and top with Parmesan Cheese. Bake 325 degrees for 30 minutes. (uncovered)

Wow, you only need a tablespoonful of this goodness on your plate with everything else at Thanksgiving. Easy, inexpensive and really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment