Image Map

Benton's 35th Birthday Party, Jonesboro

Saturday, November 21, 2009






Happy Birthday Benton!

I've always known Benton and Alexis can throw a party but last night was amazing. Alexis cooked ALL the food that included smoked Pheasant (that Benton killed), Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Jezebel Sauce, Spinach Dip, Onion Dip, Veggie Tray with cucumber dipping sauce, and desserts that were amazing. Alexis sent 35 invites and 56 people showed up...I don't think I know 35 couples I'd invite to my party, it was great though meeting so many Jonesboronians. The beauty of Benton and Alexis is that they like to celebrate birthdays and remember in May we ate in Memphis for mine, so it's a tradition that I enjoy. Thank you Benton and Alexis for turning me on to this tradition!

Marinated Pork Tenderloin (recipe of Counts Felton Smith Morton)

Brown Sugar
Olive Oil
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Sherry
Wishbone Italian Dressing

Marinate pork in a Ziploc bag for 2 days in refrigerator. Grill and serve at room temperature on rolls (Alexis used Sister Schubert's).

Pecan Cheese Ring (Southern Living Cookbook p. 35) Pic #1 molded into a pumpkin!

4 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 C. shredded medium cheddar cheese
1 small onion, grated
1 c. mayo
1 t. red pepper
1 C. chopped pecans
Strawberry Preserves
Ritz Crackers

Combine first 5 ingredients. Sprinkle about 1/4 c. pecans in an oiled 7-cup ring mold, and press cheese into mold and chill until firm. Unmold on platter and pat remaining pecans onto cheese ring. Place preserves in the center of ring and serve with Ritz crackers.

I really loved the tenderloin on the rolls! Wow! And this cheese ring will be on my party table soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment