Image Map

Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Chicago

Saturday, November 26, 2011

On the walls of the symphony hall are the names of the
members of this world-renowned orchestra...this is Wendy

A view from my seat



Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gosh, I'd say it's been a year and a half since I've been in Chicagoland to see my BFF from 4th grade, Wendy Koons Meir.  She let me invite myself to come up to Cook County, see her play with the CSO, shop the outlets and other stores, eat many fabulous meals and look up all her old friends/boyfriends on my facebook.  We had a great weekend of laughs remembering old times in  Oklahoma City.  Eran was a good man putting up with all our activities...we had a blast.  Here's some photos from the CSO weekend.

The CSO featured Stephane Deneve, conductor, Leonidas Kavakos, violin performing two pieces from Sergei Prokofiev, a Russian composer.  Suite from The Love for Three Oranges, Op. 33a and Violin concerto No.2 in G Minor, Op. 63.  After intermission we heard The Spider's Feast, Op. 17 by Albert Roussel and Suite No. 2 from Daphnis and Chloe by Maurice Ravel.

 I'm adding pics from her fabulous block in River Forest, it's one block over from Oak Park where all the Frank Lloyd Wright homes are.  Her block is next to fabulous stores and restaurants.  It's so fun to have Whole Foods two blocks away.  Eran and I ran 4 miles on Sunday and we had a good pace going, I'd say a 10 minute mile and on Monday, I ran in the middle of school traffic.  THERE ARE NO Buses in River Forest.  Kids walk and bike to school and I witnessed two walking school buses (that I want to get started here) and a dad monitoring a cycling bus to school.  I loved it!  And it was 38 degrees and kids walked...hmm....we are in such a comfort zone in East Arkansas with a high rate of childhood obesity.  I didn't see one child overweight there, not one come to think of it.  :)
Wendy introduced me to this usher....all
of the staff at the CSO are welcoming and great!

Ok...I had to add this photo from May 2009 at the CSO when
Sting was their musical guest...it was a fabulous concert,
I loved every minute of it!  We were seated behind the stage!
River Forest, IL has lots of sidewalks and low
traffic...a great neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment