Image Map

Happy Fall!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This is one of the Speckled Sussex Hens

Oh the girls just love the yard...eating bugs and grass...
this is a Silver Laced Wyandotte

Chloe taking a pounding from Whit and Stella in her HOT DOG
costume...it was a great party!

After the scavenger hunt...

Biscuit had a matching Hot Dog outfit....

Chloe's camera had a focus problem when we all went out
for dinner for Beth's Girls Night Out dinner at McEwan's...
it was a fun and delicious dinner!

This Ginkgo tree lays tree nuts...you
can actually see them under the trunk of the tree

If I could move this Gingko tree out about
25 feet from Chloe's playroom I would...
it's beautiful nonetheless...


I am going to guess here but I believe this
is one of Larry's Trident Maple Trees....sorry
I didn't get a photo of it earlier...it is outstanding
in the fall!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WOW!  If only Winnie Bob and JH could see the fall colors this year...and their great grandchildren!  Winnie Bob and JH were married 45 years when he passed in 1990...she hired Larry Lowman to help her in her yard and planted these beautiful Ginkgo trees back in 1991 I'd say.  We know we have a female and a male Ginkgo tree...I also learned that the Ginkgo tree nuts that one of the trees sheds are used in China for weddings and other celebrations.  Hmm...maybe I should prepare some of them and blog about it! :)

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful, although too large, yard.  We have daffodils from February to April, neat surprise Lilly's in the summer and fall, beautiful trees all year round!  I added some photos of the chickens that have been "free range" chickens since summer and I think they are laying somewhere in the yard since I don't have any eggs and some photos of Whit's scavenger hunt birthday party.  Happy Fall Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment