Image Map

LaRand's Ham and Swiss Rolls

Monday, December 14, 2009




Saturday, December 12, 2009

Kara and I's annual Birdeye Christmas Party is coming up and one thing we both have to do working full time and being a parent, is plan ahead. The beauty of this recipe is that it is super easy and super tasty and super affordable. LaRand Thomas, who I coined as my Wynne mother, gave me this recipe a few years ago, to try for this party. We have loved these rolls so much, they are making their third visit to our party table. I make them, freeze them and once baked in the oven, they are fabulous just like I had made them that day! Thanks LaRand for such a timeless recipe! Another fab cook and fabulous entertainer in Cross County.

LaRand's Ham & Swiss Rolls

(Recipe for one batch, I always double it for 4 dozen!)


2 packages brown and serve rolls
1 stick butter, melted
1 T. dried chopped onion
1/4 c. spicy mustard (I always, always use Boar's Head)
1 T. poppyseed
1 package sliced Swiss cheese (I quarter each slice)
2 packages deli thin ham (I quarter every stack, this year I used a Corky's Sliced Ham)

Melt butter then add onion, mustard and poppyseed. Spread both sides of rolls with mustard. Put a piece of Swiss of cheese on both sides, 2 slices of ham in the middle. Place rolls in a greased 8X12 Pyrex or cake pan and covered with heavy foil and freeze. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, then bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes covered. (Last year Kara's oven was on 350 and dried out the tops of the sandwiches, so 300 is key!)

Yum, I may have to make sure some come home with me after the party, they are so good!

And PS...LaRand let me use her exact kitchen cabinets and color in my kitchen when it was redone 2 years ago, exact copy, now that's what mom's do!

No comments:

Post a Comment