Image Map

Madison Hotel, Memphis

Sunday, August 22, 2010


Friday, August 20, 2010

I love this southern boutique hotel located on Madison Avenue in downtown Memphis. Jackie and I had concert tickets to Sheryl Crow and were thrilled with not having to drive back at midnight. The hotel offers continental breakfast in its restaurant, Grill 83. We didn't get dressed to partake instead we went to the Farmer's Market. Jackie got a donut and coffee while I made a few loops through the market.

The hotel is used by the NBA teams because of its low key location and entrance. Not that long ago, Jackie and I spotted Grant Hill, who I think was in town with the Lakers. The rooms at the Madison are small but they do boast a lighted makeup mirror and all the extras like a vanity kit, shower cap, shower gel etc. We were educated that they have a workout facility and lap pool in the basement. I was so, so sad I didn't pack my swimsuit since I am taking lessons for the first time in my life. One hitch at the Madison is there are no ice machines on the floors, you have to call for it to be brought up to your room. Other than that, I like the Madison Hotel. Room rates go for $208 and up, don't freak when valet parking is added to your room for $23, and it does take a while to get your car even on a slow Saturday morning.

The Madison Hotel, 79 Madison, Memphis, TN 901-333-1299
Check out this great website: www.madisonhotelmemphis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment