Image Map

Memphis Farmer's Market and Sheryl Crow, Memphis

Monday, August 23, 2010




Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jackie and I went to see Sheryl Crow for the fifth time in Memphis Friday night. Of the concerts we've seen, this one was my favorite. Her new album, 100 Miles from Memphis, is a soul, R&B record which is not what fans of Crow are used to hearing. Jackie picked up the CD over in Memphis in July and I've so enjoyed it. The concert at Mud Island, was hot and mosquito filled, but fantastic. She played almost all of the new songs on her latest album plus Winding Road with compliments from the trumpet and sax. She also played I Shall Believe, a song off her 1994 debut album, that I have never heard her perform live. What a treat!

Jackie and I also bantered about her age and just before she said she was 48, I googled it and we both agreed she didn't look 48, I'd say 38. I also said I thought this would be her last album and concert tour since she just adopted an infant and has Wyatt, who's 3, but Jackie quickly rebutted that Mick Jagger is 65 and is still on tour. What a comparison.

Before heading back home Saturday morning, we hit the downtown farmer's market that my good Memphian friend Kim Harwood told me about. We loved it! I picked up some local goat cheese, bread and vegetables. They also had lots of flowers, gourds and a table for children to make vegetable crafts. It was a great place! We also noticed they had a 9 am bike ride with historical points of interest. Maybe we'll have to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment