Image Map

Potatoes Romanoff, Birdeye

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chloe on Christmas morning

Chloe was thrilled that Santa not only brought her an electric piano but the Gooch, Biscuit and Tu Jague gifts

Chloe made a homemade tip jar Christmas night because we all enjoyed her music so much...she collected a few dollars
December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!  This year the month of December flew by so fast.  The busy month started with a full 6 straight days of meetings and parties and ended with Kara and I's annual Christmas Party on December 18.  One thing I want to do every year is to be sure and have time to remind Chloe that Christmas isn't just about gifts and parties that it's about Jesus' birth and what that means.  I've spent time explaining this to her throughout the month.  This year's Christmas morning started at 7 am and the opening was over by 7:20.  I love that!  It's not about the gifts I say every year, it's about being together and celebrating Jesus' birth.

For lunch today, we went to Kara and Martin's at 1 pm for their annual Christmas lunch with her sister Emmy and Kara's parents (the bikers from my Big Dam Bridge post).  I loved that when we showed up at 1 with this potato casserole, no one was home but the standing rib roast that was in the oven.  I figured out it would be later when we ate.  We ate at 3 pm and I was soon headed out to get in nap before mother and Gary arrived.  Mother and Gary always bring such a nice Christmas and they both hand wrap every gift, yes, hand wrap every one to perfection.  It amazes me.  Chloe always enjoys MeMe and Matt's gifts and she did this year so much.

My mother gave me this recipe about 10 years ago.  I love it and it's a great way to use left over mashed potatoes.  I never have leftover potatoes so I just boil from scratch.

Potatoes Romanoff

12 russet potatoes, peeled and cooked (I boil for about 10-12 minutes till fork tender)
2 C. sour cream, I always use light
4 C. Sharp cheddar cheese, ALWAYS use sharp
1/4 C. finely chopped green onions, tops only
White pepper and salt to taste, I use about 1 t. pepper, 2 t. salt
Paprika for dusting

Mash potatoes (or use leftovers heated) and add all ingredients.  Bake in a 350 oven covered with foil.

This is always fabulous left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment