Image Map

Bardog Tavern, Memphis

Friday, February 17, 2012

Ohh la la....Bardog Tavern, my new favorite downtown
bar....it's fabulous and I only had an appetizer...:)

I love the inside of the restaurant...they have a cool fan
that goes over the length of the bar in a rectangle shape

This was what I broke down and ordered...
Jackie did say, "Oh, the appetizer orderer is
here....", yes I am totally busted but lemme
tell you this Tuna Wonton was to die for...

We had Whit and Stella over the other night and they talked
Jackie into making a fire to have a weenie and marshmallow
roast...it was totally fun and this is the beginning of it...
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!  Jackie and I had reservations at Eighty Three in the Madison Hotel for dinner.  We had some time to kill before our 9 pm reservation, yes I know, that's when I go to bed!!  We went across the street to this bar that I heard about on Urbanspoon.  The place was packed when we got there but we easily found seats for two.  We had Paige as our waitress and she was great and recommended a Pino Grigio that I loved, Jackie had a Fat Tire.  We took in the bar which was huge and it had a big television that had the Grizzlies and the Rockets game on.  I went ahead and asked for a menu to look over for a possible future meal and noticed a very unique item...tuna wontons?  I asked Paige about them and she totally recommended them so, yes, I was outside of my box eating out late then I pulled something I never do and that's order up an appetizer.  It was Seared Ahi Tuna Wontons with avocado, Gorgonzola cheese, red pepper, olive oil and soy and they were to die for, I mean really!  Each one was crunchy with the fabulous tuna on top with that spicy cheese and avocado.  It was served on top a romaine lettuce salad that I enjoyed totally wiping out too.  It was great and the menu features some totally neat things like the Rambo sandwich featuring locally-farmed grilled and sliced NY Strip with roasted red pepper, caramelized onion, pepperoncini, white American and horseradish and it comes with french fries, potato salad or sub a soup or baked potato for a buck and all that for $12.59.  By the way, my wontons were $14.99 and I almost didn't order them because of the price and Jackie told me not to be like so and so (a person that must remain nameless) and order it up and I'm glad we did because our meal over at Eighty Three wasn't that great, I'm just saying.

Aldo Dean opened the bar in 2008 after walking by the vacant building going to work downtown.  He had 900 guests on the first night it opened and the day he had those pulley fans installed over the bar.   Via their fabulous website, Bardog Tavern was voted Best New Bar by the Memphis Flyer one year into business, in 2009.  I vote it as the best bar food in Downtown Memphis, seriously!

So next time you're downtown, try the Bardog Tavern on Monroe.  It's a great bar with great food and servers.  I am looking forward to trying it next weekend for brunch after the Move It Memphis 10K!  Their brunch menu looks equally delicious. They do allow smoking and there was a lot of it at the upstairs bar.  We didn't check out the downstairs but it's smoke free.

Bardog Tavern, 73 Monroe, Memphis 901-275-8752 www.bardog.com   Check out this awesome website!

No comments:

Post a Comment