Image Map

Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken, Switzerland

Sunday, July 24, 2016

At the TI in Lauterbrunnen, Chloe found a map from the Lord of the Rings...Author J.R.R. Tolkien wrote the Hobbit and
the Lord of the Rings based on this area in Switzerland during the 1930's

We rented mountain bikes in Lauterbrunnen to ride down the valley to Interlaken, about 12K

The bike trail followed the river Weisee Lutschine




I'm such a dork but I love taking photos over my shoulder when Chloe and Jackie are behind

Interlaken





I got a photo of this guy with a Yorkshire Terrier in his basket


Lake Brienzersee 


This was a narrow bridge, I was lucky I didn't crash taking this photo

Biking just outside of Interlaken, Jackie was trying to get us to a town another 5 miles out Iseltwald, but Chloe had
gelato on the mind so just after this, we turned around....
July 8, 2016

The last day in Murren, we took the cable car down to Lauterbrunnen to ride bikes along the river Weisee Lutschin to Interlaken about 12K one way.  We had lunch there, rode along lake Brienzeree and had gelato.  It was a fun day.  We used the Swiss pass and rode the train back to Lauterbrunnen.  Kara and Whit went paragliding with Chloe's gopro and got some great footage.  I'll get Chloe to get that footage on Youtube asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment