Image Map

Bronte Bistro, Davis Kidd Bookstore, Memphis

Wednesday, October 13, 2010



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I stopped at this midtown Memphis bookstore after doing a ton of errands Wednesday. I had my quarterly appointment with my endocrinologist of 14 years, Dr. Sacks, who I adore. I still had time to burn before they had my car repaired so I went to Davis Kidd to look for my favorite Crane Christmas cards. I couldn't believe they didn't have them! So I had a late lunch at the bistro inside the store. I rarely get a chance to read the Memphis Flyer and Skirt magazines alone and I thoroughly enjoyed the hour by myself!

I have always loved this bookstore where you can get your Orpheum tickets, cards, books and a good lunch while there. My waitress Nika was fabulous. Since I was a table of one, she seated me in a low traffic area of the restaurant and got my order rolling. She recommended the Blue Cheese Tomato Soup over the Mushroom and I paired it with a half sandwich. There are a ton of sandwich choices and I settled for the Vegetarian Greek Wrap. It boasted red onion, kalamata olives, spinach, feta cheese, artichokes and tomatoes topped with rosemary lemon aioli. The half wrap and cup of soup were hearty and the perfect size.

Nika had the check and I was thrilled to get going across town to get my car and head home. Bronte was clean, quiet and half full. I enjoyed my time with magazines and a chance to not talk to anyone. If I had planned it better, I'd have arrived earlier to finish that magazine.

Bronte Bistro, Davis Kidd Bookstore, 901-374-0881 www.daviskidd.com/bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment