Image Map

Hugo's, Fayetteville

Sunday, October 31, 2010







Friday, October 29, 2010

Gosh, I just love Hugo's! One of my pledge sisters, Dana Sherwood Holroyd, introduced me to this hip restaurant located in the basement of a building right off the downtown square. It's been there since 1977 and offers a fabulous menu. It was just before noon when we arrived and the place was filling up. We were promptly seated and ordered up tea and a milk for Chloe.

During my college years, I always would get the Derek's Special, a marinated chicken breast topped with Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato with honey mustard on a Kaiser roll. Holy moly, that's a good sandwich. But today, I ventured out and ordered the Black and Bleu Chicken Sandwich. It's a blackened chicken breast with bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato and a cilantro and lime aioli. WOW, that was a fabulous sandwich. The Kaiser roll is so dang big, I had to tear pieces off it to get my mouth around it! Man, I wish I was in Fayetteville right now....

One hitch on Hugo's is they don't offer a kids menu. Our waitress said she could have the cook make up a grilled cheese so Chloe quickly ordered it up. She loved it and I loved that it was on whole wheat bread served with potato chips and a pickle. Coco loves pickles. To be honest, I don't remember what Jackie ordered, I think it was a catfish po-boy, I do remember he loved the bread his sandwich was on.

No dessert for us, we were headed out to get on our bikes for an afternoon bike ride. You must put Hugo's on your list when going to this college town. They will not disappoint. And Chloe and I can report that the ladies room is updated (since Dana and I used to go there in the 80's) and it was in perfect shape.

I added pictures from meeting up with college roommate Aricka Harris Finger and her two sweet boys, Jackson and Sam, at PF Changs in Rogers, a picture from outside the stadium with Counts Louise and Stephen Shanks, Alexis Ghormley Smith's mom and Michael Huff and one of Chloe, Duke, the yellow lab and cousins Counts Elizabeth and Allie on Sunday morning. Fun times in Fayetteville, I miss this great town!

Hugo's, 25-1/2 N. Block, Fayetteville, Ark., 479-521-7585, http://hugosfayetteville.com

No comments:

Post a Comment