Image Map

Honey Crisps

Wednesday, October 20, 2010


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oh Honey Crisps, where have you been all my life? Kara introduced me to this apple that is ready at the grocery store every fall. I usually don't buy apples unless it's a Granny Smith for a pie. But this little red and yellow skinned fella is pretty darn good. The ones I've bought here are thin skinned and juicy and crunchy in the middle. I've had bad apples before like a Red Delicious that's been hanging around too long and the Gala can be too sour. I tried to get Chloe to try a wedge this morning dipped in peanut butter but she wouldn't try it. I guilted her a little bit when I remarked that I couldn't beleive my fourth grader wouldn't try it. She's a big fan of peanut butter in a spoon heading to school and I thought it just might work but...I am proud to say we count five fruits and vegetable servings everyday before she gets a freezer cookie before bed. I do have to work on the serving size, she counts a half a banana as a serving but Whit eats a whole banana without even blinking and he's just in Kindergarten. I wish I had started sooner with Chloe's diet and I just now have her on organic milk. It's never too late to start recycling and buying organic milk Wendy always says. I think I'll try another Honey Crisp wedge after school today on Chloe, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment