Image Map

Gearhead, Jonesboro

Tuesday, October 5, 2010




Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well today I made another trip to my local bike shop. The closest bike shop is Gearhead in Jonesboro. It's owned and operated by Ted and Amanda Herget since 1997. They moved to their current location in downtown Jonesboro in 2003. It's a fabulous shop with running, cycling, kayaking, triathlon and lots of kids gear as well. Ted is a triathlete and organizes weekend bike rides to Birdeye with his group of buddies...yes that is 70 miles round trip! Amazing! I give them a shout out, especially Jason, my bike repair man. He's worked on my Specialized Dolce road bike as well as my hand-me-down mountain bike and Chloe's bike. He's always super nice and gets it done while I run other errands in town. I love this new sport we've been doing now for a year and a half. You'll love Gearhead too. Be sure to check out the "specials" corner in the rear of the store where you can get really great bargains on Merrells, Keens, Northface and lots of other items.

I added a photo of our recent mountain bike ride at Village Creek State Park. We tried to float a keg that Martin had at his Harvest dinner (notice it in the rear of the truck!) Pictured is Beth Malone, Martin, Jackie, Neall and Becca Jackson, Beth Bradshaw, me, Tammy Beaton, Jimmy Huff and Trent Beaton.

Gearhead Outfitters, 230 S. Main, Jonesboro 870-910-5569 www.gearheadoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment