Image Map

BBQ Chicken, Birdeye

Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Reagan is our latest foster, he's from Dallas.  He's a
Portuguese Water Dog and absolutely fabulous!
He gets to go to his forever home in Minnesota on May 2,
we'll miss him, but we still have 2 weeks to love on him!
Friday, April 13, 2012

I told Chloe tonight about the Farmfest youth BBQ contest and she was quite interested in competing.  This was her first time around a grill.  I believe that the competitors will have to BBQ a whole bird on a grill.  I will get her some birds this week and see if she's really serious about it.

We did two recipes today.  One was cousin Bill Raffety's North Carolina BBQ sauce.  It's a mustard base and just lovely for chicken on the barbie.  The other one is from Williams Sonoma that I found via the internet years back, here's how it goes.  The full recipe is on here under dinner, but lemme just at least show you how easy the sauce is.

Grilled Cuban Chicken Sandwiches (See under dinner the full spread)

For the sauce:
2/3 c. mayo, I always use Hellmann's and I always use light
1 T Dijon mustard
1 minced garlic clove, I always use 2
Juice of a lime
Zest of a lime
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

That's it, mix it all together and reserve about a 1/4 of it to use as a mayonnaise on your sandwich.  Marinate about an hour and grill.  (I did try this on the stove during the winter one time and it was awful, it must be done on a grill, just sayin)

Today we used chicken strips because that's all Jackie lets me keep anymore.  He doesn't like the big chicken breasts (they can be overwhelming) because they can be too large and wasteful.  Ya'll know I don't like to waiste, so we have cut back to just strips.

Chloe totally enjoyed her chicken all weekend with a side of ketchup, of course!


There is a youth division at Farmfest for BBQ, Chloe's
considering entering.  This is the first time she's ever
cooked on a grill...I think it's all that Food Network she's
been watching....she loves Chopped!

Doctor Calico loves to come inside in the afternoons,
here he is in his favorite chair, in his favorite position...

The peach tree Jackie and Chloe gave me for mother's day
2 years ago is covered in produce, we can't wait for July!

No comments:

Post a Comment