Image Map

Pecan Crusted Salmon, Birdeye

Saturday, April 21, 2012

This salmon is so stinking delicious and super easy

Chloe's working on a Social Studies Project about the Civil War
and Jackie found this first edition dating to 1890

Another great cookbook, it's big, like
everything in Texas

Stella and August came over during Whit's ball practice..
Biscuit tolerates August and Reagan loves all kids

The latest foster from the Birdeye Store, Whit promptly
names him Junior Pretzel Smith since that's what he was eating
over there....he's adorable and so skinny, he's in isolation right now

He was starving, Whit loves Junior

Whit's uniform looks like the Yankees'
Thursday, April 19, 2012

Holy Smokes....I just found the best and so easy Salmon recipe in the world!  I found it in my bff's cookbook Dallas Dish, from Leigh Anne Cloud Haugh's Junior League of Dallas.  I've had this cookbook for a while and have used recipes periodically and was super pumped about tonight's fish.  It's so easy and I promise that you will have all the ingredients....here's how it goes...

Pecan Crusted Salmon, Dallas Dish

2 T. Dijon Mustard
2 T. butter, melted
4 t. honey, I used barely 2 t.
1/4 c. fresh bread crumbs, I pulsed some stale bread in a blender
1/4 c. finely chopped pecans
2 t. fresh chopped parsley and I added 2 t. fresh chopped rosemary
4 (4-6 oz) salmon fillets, I used just 2 and needed all this topping, just sayin
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Combine mustard, butter and honey and mix well.  Toss bread crumbs, pecans and parsley (and in my case the rosemary too).  Season the Salmon with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet (I sprayed mine with pam and it was totally worth it).

Brush fillets with butter mixture and pat the bread crumb mixture over the top of the fillet (now I use skinless salmon and did both sides, the reason I ran out of crust).  Bake for 10 minutes at 450 or until the salmon just begins to flake easily (I baked at 400 for 12 minutes and it was perfection, same difference!).  You may prepare in advance and store covered in the refrigerator.  Bake just before serving.  Serves 4.  (I did keep in refrig since Jackie got home late and it was great, I can see how easy it would be to keep it in the refrig before serving).

I served this with a baked orange potato (I think I cannot call this a sweet potato since it's totally not sweet), green beans and a arugula salad with salted pecans and lemme tell you, delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment