Image Map

Cream Cheese Pound Cake, Birdeye

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If there could be a scratch and sniff it would work here!

Chloe about to add my homemade vanilla to the batter...

These eggs are from our chickens...

One of our girls....

Gumball...my nemesis....

Chloe took this of Biscuit in the hole she dug...cracks me up!

Kara and I rode 35 miles Saturday....we both were
scheduled to work that day and it worked out!
Notice that bulge on my hip...it's my phone clip!
Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chloe helped me make this pound cake, she's gotten quite good around the kitchen.  It could be because we watch the Food Network's show Chopped.  I've come home to many a concotions since watching that show.  Anyhow, I usually don't make this cake unless someone has just had a baby but it's so easy and I had all the ingredients so I picked it for dessert after church Sunday.  We invited our interim minister Bill Branch over for lunch. He is just a wonderful person and minister, we enjoyed visiting with he and Jim Shaver who also came over for lunch.  We laughed and laughed!

Ok, here's how it goes:

1 C. butter, softened (that's 2 sticks)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2-1/2 C. sugar
3 C. flour, sifted (I use all purpose)
6 eggs, room temperature
1 t. vanilla
dash salt

Cream butter and cream cheese over medium pace in your mixer.  Gradually add sugar then add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Gradually add flour then vanilla and salt.

Pour batter into a greased bunt pan, I use Bakers Choice spray that works better than plan Pam spray, it'll stick unless you butter and flour it if you don't have Bakers Choice.

Bake at 250 for 1-3/4 hours.  Cook on a rack for 10 minutes (don't go longer or it'll stick in the pan). Then remove from pan and cool.

I served it Sunday with Bald Knob strawberries that Jeanie gave us, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment