Image Map

Brussels Sprouts, Birdeye

Monday, November 19, 2012

Just into the pan....I love, love some Brussels Sprouts

Every fall I clean out the garden and get some major
composting on....here's what I got today!

Because our girls love to dig, nest and
fluff up the dirt, I decided to cover my newly
planted turnip greens, spinach, onions and
lettuce..and for Gumball's sake.  Jackie
and Chloe's horrible, horrible dog eats
trash, couches, anything stacked, bibles,
boxes, straps etc, etc.  Gumball
is truly a horrible Birdeye dog...that's a fact!

We got a good rain recently....

Winnie Bob had a burning bush planted in the
front, it turns this red every fall....
Friday, November 16, 2012

No, I didn't grow these...Paleease!  I give a shout out to all the farmers around us that do grow these little, delicate deliciousness cabbages....Becca Jackson made these a year ago or so after a bike ride and they were SO good that I got hooked on them.  I found this recipe off My Recipes.com:

6 slices center cut bacon chopped (I used 3 slices regular bacon)
1/2 C. sliced shallot (don't dice like me, they get too small)
1-1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
6 garlic cloves, sliced
3/4 C. chicken broth
1/8 t. salt and pepper (this is key, I'm telling you)

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add bacon and saute for 5 minutes (I did 10 so it was crisp).  Add garlic for 4 minutes stirring frequently add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and then cook 2 minutes or until the broth evaporates and the sprouts are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and add the most important things the salt and pepper to taste of course.

I will say that these sprouts are also delicious left over, don't be afraid to reheat the deliciousness....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment